Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cancer Video Games - Who Knew?!

Fertile Hope's VP of Programs, Joyce Reinecke, is in Oregon celebrating National Young Adult Cancer Awareness Week and just sent me this update:

I just saw Dr. Steve Cole of HopeLab give an amazing talk on their video game, Re-Mission, which was designed to help Adolescent Young Adult (AYA) cancer patients learn more about what is happening to their bodies and give them a sense of control over the cancer experience. It was a great presentation with much input from the audience about what they want to see (or not see!) in version two.

I'd love to know what Fertile Hope's followers think about using video games to teach kids about their cancer? Have you played Re-Mission? Any thoughts on integrating survivorship issues like fertility?

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any information on where this game is available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a Download Game? I have no idea where can I find ém. Well I am kind of delighted to know that a video game can be a medium of disseminating information especially on cancer matters

    ReplyDelete