Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Ovaries Are D-E-A-D, Dead...

I love my job, but like everyone I have good days and bad days. There are definitely times, especially in this economy, when I question why I do what I do. Almost immediately after my mind heads down this path, something reminds me why I should stay the course. Last week, while on vacation and daydreaming about giving it all up and moving to the mountains to ski forever, I received the following email from a survivor who Fertile Hope approved for financial assistance for egg freezing through our Sharing Hope program:

“Just found out... My ovaries are d-e-a-d, dead. Thanks to you, I have those seven frozen eggs, hope, and no regrets.”

Needless to say, Fertile Hope’s work is important and I am here to stay. Check out more inspirational stories or share yours. We all need to stay inspired, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment